Tuesday, May 1, 2012

These Are Just Your Average Sugar Cookies. . .

Except that they taste way better than average.


Soft, chewy, and moist.  These cookies are like little clouds that you just want to shovel into your mouth.

I even tested them on the world's pickiest eater.  And she loved them!  See?  That proves they're good!


Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies
(makes a big serving.  I made a couple cookies and then froze the rest of the dough)

2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Then, stir flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a small bowl.  Set the bowl off to the side
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Once it's smooth beat in the egg and vanilla.  Gradually mix in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
  3. Roll out small balls and place onto un-greased cookies sheets
  4. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden.  Let cookies sit for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cool.

Once they've cooled down, you may eat as many as you want.  And trust me, you'll eat a lot!









Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This are so yummy!

    -Melodee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! It's always great when someone makes a recipe you posted!

      Delete
  2. These* are so yummy!

    -Melodee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this recipe so many times! I love it and so does everyone else around me. I was looking to make them for Valentines Day but wanted to use cookie cutters to make heart shapes. Do you think this recipe would work if I rolled it out? I love it so much that I am nervous to use another one!

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks Amanda! I'm glad you like the recipe so much!

      The truth is, I'm not really sure what would happen, as I haven't tried it. My guess is that, because the cookies poof up a bit while baking, you would end up with a slightly poofy cookie that's sorta shaped like a heart. That's not a bad thing, though! Another way to make hearts would be to bake the cookies as circles, and then use frosting to draw hearts on them.

      Tell me what happens if you try rolling them out!

      Delete