Thursday, June 21, 2012

Banana Orange Yogurt Pops

As I write this, the weather is above 90 degrees.

Not. Cool.

You can't even step outside without being smacked in the face my an absurdly warm gust of wind. Let me just tell you, it's no fun.

But, here in my badly air conditioned home, I have found some ways to cope.

The main way being popsicles.


I froze a couple a few days ago, with my newly bought mold, and today was the perfect day to try them out.

The Banana Orange Yogurt Pops I had thrown together were difinitely a big success.  Not only did they keep us cool (at least for a few minutes), they also tasted delicious.



Banana Orange Yogurt Pops

1 cup plain yogurt
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon sugar - if needed

Blend all ingredients together and then freeze in popsicle molds (or plastic cups). After roughly 1 hour insert popsicle sticks and then freeze again, until solid.


I suppose I'm not even getting hit by the heat the worst. After all, I have my creamy popsicles and the knowledge that soon I'll be on a plane to Iceland, to help me out. Some people have nothing but the super expensive (but rather yummy) ice cream from the town center.

Alright, I'm going to stop writing now, as the air conditioner needs to be turned up.

See ya! And the next time I post, it will be from Iceland!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment