Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Brownies

I haven't been posting about chocolate enough lately.  The last recipe on here whose main focus was chocolate was, like, a really long time ago.

It's time to change that...


With brownies!

And pumpkin because everyone know chocolate and pumpkin go together magically.


The pumpkin may also have to do with the fact that I'm becoming even more obsessed with fall flavors as winter approaches.  These were going to be just normal brownies, but then I saw the pumpkin staring at me from across the kitchen.  Next thing you know the can opener was in my hand and there was bright orange much staring at me.

I like to think it was just my recipe-creating genius controlling me, because, man, these brownies are good!


These will definitely satisfy any chocolate craving you've got going.  Especially if you have two.

They also sucessfully end the chocolate-free recipe period that I unconsciously started.  And thank god for that.  A blog like this is very sad without chocolate in it.


Pumpkin Brownies
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp date paste (blended dates) (you can omit and just use more sugar)
  • 2 tbsp water (or more milk)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.  In another, stir together wet ones.  Pour wet into dry and mix until well combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Scoop batter into a greased 8x8 pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.  Let brownies cool, and if possible sit out  at least overnight before eating.  (For some reason, these brownies taste better if allowed to sit for a bit)


The only thing I might change about these brownies next time I make them is baking them in a smaller pan (7x7 maybe?  Do they even make that?).  They came out a bit thin for my liking with an 8x8.  However, if you don't have a smaller pan and, like me, like your brownies a bit thicker, you could try layering two pieces on top of each other with some frosting or something between.  That sounds really good, actually.  I may have to try it.

Anyway, whether you want thick or thin brownies, please do consider this recipe and one to try.  They're really fudgy and yummy and keep you in fall spirit.  Who wouldn't want that?


Revisited Recipe of the Day:














PB's

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment