Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lemony Edamame Hummus (Version 2)

This dish brings back memories.


Do you recognize it? 

I made something very similar about 6 months ago, when blogging was somewhat new to me.  If you go back to the post, you may notice that the plate and wooden backdrop are not things that are usually pictured on this blog.  This is because I made that recipe while on vacation in the little vacation house we have that only contains flowery pink dishes and worn out wooden tables for pictures (I actually LOVE that table though).


So yeah.  That's my story.  It makes me smile because that was when I was just getting into really making up recipes.  And I made that one up on my own, and it made me so happy.  And then I took whatever dishes I had lying around and took some pretty good pictures of it to boot.

Now, at a time where I feel I've grown a lot as a blogger, I present you version two of Edamame Hummus.


Here's whats different:
  • Both chickpeas and edamame beans as the base
  • No tahini
  • Pictures taken at my actual house
Here's what's the same:
  • The great lemony hummus flavor!

Lemony Edamame Hummus

  • 1 1/2 cups shelled and cooked edamame beans
  • 1 cup cooked chickpeas
  • juice of 1 small lemon
  • zest of  small lemon
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • optional: spices of choice to add some zing to the hummus (I like mine to just have lemon, but other people like more of a spice factor)
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  Blend until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture has the texture of hummus.  You can make it as chunky or smooth as desired.  Transfer hummus to a container or serving dish and store in fridge until serving time.  Serve with chips, crackers, veggies, or on a sandwich.


Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Carrot Chickpea Hummus





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment