Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars

I'm gonna let you in on a not-so-secret: I've been super busy lately.


It's not really a secret because if you so much as look around this blog you can probably tell.  How many posts have there been in October so far?  Not nearly enough.  How many recipes are missing from the recipes page? Like 4 months worth.  I'm falling behind on here, and I want to say one thing all you readers:

I'm so sorry!


I really wish I could do everything, but sometimes I'm forced to put one thing before the other.  I'm sad to say that this blog doesn't always take priority.

However, I'm pretty sure things will be slowing down within the next month, so fingers crossed everything goes back to normal around here!


How does this translate into today's recipe?

Well, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars were a super helpful during days when I was rushing all over the place and didn't have time to grab a proper snack.  Instead of a grumbling belly, I got to snack on a delicious homemade granola bar!  Big, big help, I tell you.  Plus, they're no bake, so they even with the busiest schedule, you can fit in time to make them.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/3 + 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • chocolate, melted (I didn't measure it, just know you'll need enough to dip all the bars in)
Mix together oats, quinoa, chia seeds, and flour in a large bowl.  Place peanut butter and honey in another bowl.  Microwave in 15 second intervals until drippy.  Mix together.  Add peanut butter honey mixture to dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.  Form into bars (I made small squares) and place in fridge to firm (about an hour).  Once firm, remove from fridge and prepare melted chocolate.  Line a plate/pan with parchment paper.  Dip one side of bar in chocolate and place chocolate side up on parchment paper.  Repeat with all bars.  Return to fridge to let chocolate form.  Store in fridge.  Makes about 15 bars, but it changes based on size.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment